Install StoreFront 2.6
These are the updated features stated in edocs. I will have a deeper look into the different updates in the configuration post about StoreFront 2.6.
- Simplified store configuration in the administration console
- Special folder redirection
- Unauthenticated (anonymous) users
- Receiver for Web My Apps Folder View
- Single Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) access
- Kerberos-constrained delegation for XenApp 6.5
- XenApp Services Support smart card authentication
- Receiver for Android, iOS, and Linux smart card authentication
- Extensible authentication
- XenApp 7.6 and XenDesktop 7.6 connection leasing >> this will be very interesting
- StoreFront Web API
- Receiver for Web access from a mobile browser
- Updated Zero-install Receiver for HTML5 engine
Install StoreFront 2.6 Walk-through
First off all let´s do it manually to see if anything exiting happens. Start the installation from the mounted ISO.
As I have separated servers for all of the XenApp and XenDesktop server roles I will choose only StoreFront here.
I have read, understood, and accepted the license agreement…
Won´t change the installation path, NEXT.
In my demo environment firewall is disabled by GPO, so lets keep this setting at “automatic”, NEXT.
Checked the “Summary”, INSTALL.
No errors, great. Lets click FINISH and open the StoreFront Management Console.
And we´re done.