Besides the standard Roles and Features on the left there are a few other ones you will need for your Citrix infrastructure Servers.
Remote Desktop Services Licensing
Remote Desktop Services Licensing is required even of you don´t want to use Microsoft Remote Desktop Services Hosts or Virtualization Hosts. Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop need a functioning RDS CAL server and you need to buy appropriate licenses for your operating system.
- DisplayName : Remote Desktop Services
- DisplayName : Remote Desktop Licensing
- DisplayName : Remote Differential Compression
- DisplayName : Remote Server Administration Tools
- DisplayName : Role Administration Tools
- DisplayName : Remote Desktop Services Tools
- DisplayName : Remote Desktop Licensing Diagnoser Tools
- DisplayName : Remote Desktop Licensing Tools
If you want to have an overview of High Availability for RDS deyploments you should check this Technet article. You also find the following statement regarding the other options of fault tollerance you might think about…
There are two deployment configurations that are not supported:
Clustering RD Connection Broker servers on RD Virtualization Host servers.
An active-active RD Connection Broker installation.